Applying for a Grant
Please see Guidelines for 2013 meeting dates and deadlines, Guidelines.
Grants must be used for charitable or educational purposes and strictly in accordance with the proposal and budget submitted. All unexpended funds must be returned to the Foundation.
Any scholarship funds granted are made to institutions and are administered by those institutions. No scholarships or other funds are granted to individuals.
Funds are granted to organizations with a current Internal Revenue 501c(3) document or to:
- departments, agencies, and other services operated within federal, state or local government agencies and
- institutions and agencies affiliated with organized religions and religious bodies.
The Foundation considers it important that the public be informed as to its grant-making direction and therefore public acknowledgment of Foundation support is encouraged.
The Foundation May:
- Help prospective grantees consider their funding resources and help plan project assistance.
- Support established agencies in development of new programs or in expansion of existing programs.
- Give priority to projects in Texas, in rural Texas communities and the Foundation’s four focus areas.
- Match other resources and offer challenge grants.
- Cooperate with other foundations in funding projects.
The Foundation Usually Will Not:
- Make long-term commitments.
- Make grants for buildings, endowments, or research.