The following documents listed in the guidelines are required for each proposal submitted to The Trull Foundation for consideration. Proposals that are submitted without the requested information will not be considered.
PLEASE MAIL THE COMPLETED PROPOSAL TO: THE TRULL FOUNDATION, 404 Fourth Street, Palacios, Texas 77465
Questions about proposals/grants will be answered Monday-Friday from 8 AM-5 PM at (361) 972-5241.
MEETING DATES AND DEADLINES: The Trull Foundation has revised its grants schedule for proposals received after April 15, 2016. Any grant requests received after April 15, 2016 will be considered at the October grants meeting, which will be the final grants meeting for 2016. Please note: The deadline for receiving proposals for the October meeting is September 1, 2016.
- children in rural areas
- those affected by substance abuse
- the Palacios Texas area
- the coastal Texas environment
For 2017 grant requests, please note the following:
- Grant applications for 2017 are accepted at any time, but each focus area is considered at only one meeting during the year.
- To ensure that your proposal is considered in 2017, check the website for updates for the submission deadlines for each focus area.
- Each organization should only submit one application by project type within a 12-month period.
You may call Lisa Harrison, Executive Director, for further information.
PROPOSALS REQUESTING FUNDING FOR EVENTS THAT HAVE ALREADY OCCURRED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE SEND REQUESTS FOR EVENTS AT LEAST THREE MONTHS IN ADVANCE.
GRANT PROPOSAL GUIDELINES:
Each applicant should submit an original proposal.
A. Proposal fact sheet: This Proposal Fact Sheet will be the first document in proposals reviewed by our Contributions Committee. The committee meets monthly. The document can be downloaded to your computer and space expanded where needed. Please mail proposals to The Trull Foundation office. At this time, we do not accept proposals by email. Two page maximum on the Proposal Fact Sheet, please.
B. Request letter (2-page maximum)
C. Please list other foundations or organizations you have/will apply to for funding of this request.
D. Current Agency operating budget (1-3 pages), including sources of income.
E. Project budget (one page) if different from operating budget.
F. IRS information:
1. Funds are granted to organizations with a current USA Internal Revenue 501(c)(3) document or to:
- departments, agencies, and other services operated within federal, state or local government agencies, and
- institutions and agencies affiliated with organized religions and religious bodies.
2. All subsequent communications concerning exempt status.
3. If there is any matter that might affect the IRS status to cause the revocation of the exemption, include information about this matter.
G. Selected additional material or information (limit 5 pages) (optional).
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- The Foundation will acknowledge receipt of proposals and will affirm the approval, denial, or request for more information within 60 days.
- Proposals sent by FAX or email are not accepted.
- Please do not place the proposal documents in a folder or binder.
- ** Please do not send plaques or certificates of appreciation. Trull Foundation Trustees seek to support grant seekers in making the best use of available funding. **